ERCOT completes four Quarterly Stability Assessments (QSAs) each year, and the key to project success lies in meeting these milestones.
Projects targeting synchronization in different quarters of 2024 have specific QSA deadlines. If you aim to synchronize in the 2nd quarter of 2024, your project will need to be studied in the November 1st, 2023 QSA.
In order to be accepted and studied in the QSA and gain ERCOT‘s approval before the deadline, your project must complete the following pre-requisites:
- FIS Completed by the Transmission Service Provider (TSP) & Approved by ERCOT
- SGIA Executed with the TSP
- Notice to Proceed provided by the Interconnecting Entity (IE) to TSP
- Financial Security posted by IE to TSP
- All the necessary technical studies/data/model that EPE is ready to assist you with, including:
- Reactive Power Study
- PSCAD Model
- PSCAD MQT
- TSAT Model
- TSAT MQT
- Planning Model Data
EPE boasts a wealth of experience in guiding projects to meet their QSA pre-requisites successfully. Our goal is to prevent any delays in your project schedule. To ensure your project aligns with ERCOT‘s timelines and to avoid any last-minute hiccups, we recommend reaching out to EPE for support 10-12 months before your desired synchronization date.
EPE is your trusted partner in navigating the ERCOT landscape. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please contact us.