Energy Market Analysis
Energy Market Analysis and Feasibility Studies
Transmission congestion can have a significant impact on the energy market and affect revenue potential. Many markets use locational marginal pricing (LMP) to determine system congestion, curtailment, and negative pricing. LMP is a way for wholesale electric prices to reflect the value of the power at different locations while accounting for patterns of load, capacity for generation, and physical limits of the transmission system. EPE has extensive experience in performing energy market analysis studies using customizable computer models to calculate prices at specific locations and market hubs. EPE works with our clients to optimize grid integration design by managing cost and congestion factors. We use our experience with transmission and distribution planning and system studies to design and implement electrical grids that reflect the current needs of our clients. Effective energy market analysis facilitates future development with predictable results. Trust Electric Power Engineers with Energy Market Analysis.
We tailor our services to ensure your project’s success, and we consider ourselves an extension of your team.
- Screening for POIs
- Steady State Analysis
- Export Analysis
- State-wide injection analysis
- Shift Factor and upgrade cost allocation
- Screening Studies Review
- Full Interconnection Study Review
- Scope and IA Review
- Due Diligence Review
- PV & QV Study
- New Transmission/load integration studies
- Generation retirement impact studies
- Short Circuit studies
- Heat Maps
- Market Operations Support
- Close Duplicate of ISO impacts study (SPP, MISO and PJM)
Energy Market Analysis
- LMP Forecasting with curtailment insights
- ERCOT wide LMP forecasting with bus shift factors
- ERCOT heat map for LMPs on all Nodes
- LMP studies for BESS
- BESS schedule optimization
- Generation impact on energy dispatch of must-run resources and emissions using GE MAPS
Cassadaga Wind Project
EPE evaluated the effects of the proposed 126 MW Cassadaga wind generation facility, planned to interconnect at the National Grid 115 KV Moon switching station, on the energy dispatch of must run resources within the service territory of the New York ISO (NYISO) for 2019.
How can we help you?
Discuss your project with our power and energy experts.