Solar Power Engineering
Are you seeking a solar power engineer for your project?
Over the last 20 years, the electrical power industry has seen a significant increase in remote generation installations consisting primarily of wind, solar, geothermal and biomass renewable sources. The geographic location of these new generation technologies, located at or near the point of interconnection, provide the opportunity for increased grid efficiencies, availability, and reliability. However, to fully realize the benefits, remote resources must be designed and integrated into the overall bulk power grid in a way that minimizes generator contribution to undesirable effects on existing grid assets and operation. This requires generators to design, test and commission systems in accordance with uniform regulatory criteria. Our extensive experience lies in the ERCOT, SPP, WECC, MISO, CAISO, PJM, ISO-NE and NYISO markets.
The true value of working with EPE is that we keep our clients ahead. Our goal is to consistently exceed expectations by ensuring our clients maintain a competitive advantage in their respective market pursuits. Trust Electric Power Engineers as your solar power engineering firm to provide Interconnection Support, Testing & Commissioning.
Solar Power Engineering Services
We tailor our services to ensure your project’s success, and we consider ourselves an extension of your team.
Integration and Interconnection Services
- Generation Impact Studies (GIS) – should be done FIRST
- Feasibility Studies & Site Selection Support
- 30%, 60%, 90%, IFC Solar and BESS Detailed Design and Studies
- Hybrid project design optimization
- Generation Interconnection Applications
- Model Development (PSS/e, PSCAD, PSLF, ASPEN and TSAT)
- Electric Interconnection System Design
- One-line Diagrams
- Resource Asset Registration Form (RARF) Support in the ERCOT market
- Responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs) for the Purchase of Renewable Generation
- Technical Support and Report Review
- Due diligence services
- Independent System Operator (ISO) Working Group Support
- Coordination with Transmission Service Providers (TSP’s)
- Critical Review of Feasibility and System Impact Studies
- Review of Interconnection Agreements (IA)
- Protection and Control Design
- Harmonic Analysis
- Flicker Analysis
- SSCI Analysis
- Grounding Design Studies
- Insulation Coordination Studies
- NERC Compliance Testing
- Commissioning Support
How can we help you?
Discuss your project with our power and energy experts.